Sunday, July 16, 2017

Presents under the Tree

     I am such a fan of  Fabrika Fantasy images and I think I have every one they've made which has a winter or Christmas theme.  I plan to use all of them in doing my holiday cards this year.  Here's one of my favorites.  The idea of a squirrel standing out in the snow with his Santa hat on just tickles me to pieces!  :-D


     I used ProMarkers and gel ink to color the scene, then cut the image with a simple, square die from Spellbinders.  I also cut the green frame with a Spellbinders' die.  I found a scrap of sheet music dp, trimmed it to fit the width of the card and matted it with brown CS.  Behind that is another scrap of lightly patterned dp (embossed with a folder from Darice) and everything went onto a white card base.

     I added the hand-cut and matted sentiment and a red, polka dot bow to complement the red bow on the package in the image.

     Challenges:
Color Inspiration Monday
Crafting by Designs
Creates and Makes
Creative Moments
Fabrika Fantasy
Lemon Shortbread
Paper Shelter
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Scrapy Land
Unicorn

     I hope your weekend is going well.  I'm doing lots of crafting which I've missed while I was gone.  I'm going to try to cram in lots of card making since I'll be traveling again in a bit more than 10 days from now.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Marjeta said...

Adorable image and great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moment.

Marjeta

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I love all the elements of this card! Your image is adorable as is the wonderful sentiment! I love how you have put this together the colors are magnificent. Thanks for sharing your great talent at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. - Penny DT

Jean said...

Fun card, such a cute image.
Thanks for joining us over at PENNY'S.
Jean xx

Fabrika Fantasy said...

Thank you so much, Nana Connie, for making such a wonderful card with this image and for joining us at Fabrika Fantasy Digis for our 'Christmas in July' Challenge! Good luck with your entry!
DigiClub - You can get all images in the store
Facebook Group - Fun contests and free digis