Thursday, July 27, 2017

Parcel Post

     Today I have the honor of being a Guest Designer for the Twisted Thursday Challenge over at  the Outlawz.  The theme there is always "Anything Goes" but there is usually a twist you can use if you want to enter twice instead of only once.  This week the twist is also "Anything Goes."


     This image (which I used twice in different sizes) is from Rubber City and I colored the two of them with different coloring tools.  The larger mage is colored with my polychromos pencils and the smaller one is colored with my ProMarkers.  I wanted to see how closely I could match the colors between pencil and marker.

     I also used my favorite "summer" color combo - golden yellow and green.  Why this combo?  Because of the warmth of the yellow which says "summer" but offset by the cooler green so that it doesn't say hot, hot, hot the way reds do.  For winter combos, I tend toward purple and turquoise.

     I die cut  a frame for the large image with one of my inside/outside stitched dies from Die-namics, and the smaller image is fussy cut, then matted and fussy cut again.  For embellishment I added the two strips of seed pearls and the half pearls on the lily stamen (or are those the pistols?  I think I missed that question on the test in biology class, too!)

     This card reminds me of my mother, a school teacher for 37 years, who loved lilies and who always said that she preferred vacations that travelled by parcel post instead of overnight mail.  Once I started teaching myself, I understood exactly what she meant.  :-D

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
C.R.A.F.T.
Sasayaki Glitter
Southern Girls

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love the image and great design.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, I love the lily and your design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Janet McLaughlin said...

Lovely coloring, NC! I like the way your Mom, thought!
Thanks for being GD at TT!

Jeni Mc said...

Fabulous Lily and great colouring . A real summery feel , Thank you for joining CRAFT challenge this time ,Jeni GDT

Your cats are beautiful !

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How VERY beautiful, love the 2 sizes of the flower on the card, beautifully coloured.
Faith
x

Jean said...

Beautiful summer colours.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
Jean XXX

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous image Connie!! Love the bright green frame too! HUGS

Brenda said...

Gorgeous colors, beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Brenda said...

Back again with more praise and to thanks you so much for playing along with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card thanks for sharing at Craft this week.

Zw@@n said...

Lovely card, Connie. Gorgeous colourduo and stamp! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma