Thursday, July 20, 2017

HoHoHo in July

     Today is Day 6 of the Christmas-in-July challenges at Catch the Bug and they want us to use the color combo in their inspiration photo.  Also, you get an extra bonus if you use an Oldie but Goodie image.  While I'm not really sure how they're defining "Oldie but Goodie," this one has been in my stash for a few years now and it's definitely old.      :-D


Here's the color inspiration.


     I used ProMarkers and gel ink to color the image, then added Stickles to the first "O" and to each tiny snowflake.  I used an unbranded die to cut the image piece and layered it onto some bright pink CS.  I used a scrap piece of Bo Bunny dp and a strip of that same pink CS to make my background, then added the image piece.  I did a double bow with two grosgrain ribbons and added a button.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More
Creative Inspirations
Fab 'n' Funky
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Festive Friday
Penny's Paper-Crafty

     I've managed to enter each of the daily challenges so far and there's only one more day to go.  I have to wait to make that card because it requires us to use the Friday Freebie which won't be available until that morning.  But I have time set aside to get it done so ...    All the daily challenges close late on Friday and by that time, I will have done an additional 10 cards for my Christmas stash, some of which were made without the Catch the Bug challenges in mind.

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am loving this fun card! I have not had a chance to get into my craft room all week!

Kathie said...

Such a lovely Christmas card Connie, this is such a fun Bugaboo image and I just love your colours, it's so nice to see different Christmas colours rather than the traditional for a change, don't get me wrong I love the traditional colours as well. Love the added glitter. Great card and thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie PPCC~DT

Maria Valente said...

So cute! Love the design! Thank you for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
Mary (DT)

Bobby said...

Such a cute image and I love the lacy panel you put them on, Connie. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Glenda Atkins said...

Just a fabulous take and super colouring on the 'Color Challenge'. Love that image, makes a cute and wonderful Christmas card.
hugs
Glenda

Jean said...

Oh what a cutie love it, your colours are so pretty. Loving the die you have used to frame the lovely image.
Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
Jean xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What lovely colours and image, altogether makes a lovely card.
Faith
x

cm said...

Such a sweet, timeless image you've shared, beautifully coloured and showcased with the pretty background! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~carol

CraftyNatalie said...

This is a great bright and bold card. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this month.