Thursday, July 13, 2017

Courting Froggy

     Today I've scheduled a post with one of the silliest, most delightful frogs ever seen.  The image is from My Stitch Back in Twine and is available as a freebie for the challenge at Aussie Digital Artists challenge.


     The expression on his face is so sublime and the gift he offers so typical of a suitor that I just had to add that sentiment.  Do any of you remember a song from the early 50s by that title?  My dad used to play the guitar and sing it which is probably why I remember it.  :-D

     The image and sentiment are printed directly onto the front of the card, then colored with ProMarkers.  I found a leftover outside piece from a die cut I used for another project (Amy Designs die) from which I had already cut and used a corner.   Rather than trash the rest of it, I layered it around the image on this card.  The open corner looked a bit odd so I took out my ProMarker and a ruler, and inked around the entire thing, making it look like a completely separate piece had been put on the card front.  Amazing!

     The teal paper was embossed for the other project before cutting it so I had some unplanned but great texture on this card.  Happy circumstance.

     Challenges:
Addicted to CAS
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Friends
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM
Scrapper's Delights

     That's all for today.  See you when I get back.  Oh, wait, there's another post scheduled for tomorrow and we'll hope it posts as set.  Come by and see it - it's another of my fun DT posts for QKR Stampede.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! I just love this "zen" froggie!! Such a cool design on your card too my friend! HUGS :)

Wendy L said...

Mr. Froggy is so cute on your card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxx

Ellenor said...

Haha love the cute frog and your cute card :)

Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

Christine said...

Gorgeous cute take on the Animal chall.. thanks for a sharing with us @ AGOAC this wk.

smiles Christine x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!! Good Luck with your entry. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge!
DT - Crafty Calendar Challenge
Creative Paper Boutique

GalFridayStamping said...

Great card! Love the image. Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights challenge blog and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.com

harada57 said...

Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights

บาคาร่า