Sunday, July 9, 2017

Bringing Home the Christmas Tree

   

This lovely Christmas card is based on the sketch from Outlawz.



     I have no idea where I got this vintage/retro image but it's so lovely in gray scale with just touches of green on the tree and wreath.  I had it saved into a folder of digital Christmas images so printed it, adjusted the gray scale to darken it a bit, then used my ProMarkers to color.

     I cut it with one of my plain rectangle dies from Spellbinders.    One of the things I've learned about working with digis is that you can adjust the size of them so I made this one fit the size of the die.  Sometimes, depending on the size and shape of the original digi, too much adjustment will make the image wonky (too skinny or too wide.)  It's very difficult to change a square into a rectangle or vice versa, but this time it worked out well.  Of course, sometimes you can use a rectangle die to cut a square by just cutting once, then shifting the die up or down to cut again

     The sheer ribbon is lined with metallic fibers and the bow is made with two layers of ribbon, green and silver.  The sentiment was printed, hand cut, and matted before layering it onto the sheer ribbon.

     Challenges:
ABC Christmas
Crafting by Designs
Crafting with an Attitude
House that Stamps Built
I {heart} ProMarkers
Inky Chicks
Penny's Paper-Crafty

     By the time you read this, I may already be on my way to the California coast for a week of warm days and cool nights, or at least leaving soon.  So much better than staying here in this heat.  While I'm gone, Happy Stamping to all of you.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card again Connie, I hope you have a fabulous break.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely love the vintage feel to this and the silver and green is so festive.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Donna said...

Beautiful card and like that tinsely embellishment. Thanks for joining us at The House That Stamps Built. Donna

Heather said...

Beautiful!! That image really is gorgeous and the bits of green really make it stunning! Great job. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful image and like just the hint of green. What a fun scene this is. Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built this week. Shirley

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Donna Ellis said...

It's gorgeous, Connie! I would love it, too! Great card.

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning Vintage image!! I so love this card and the prett silver metallic ribbon along the side really brings this together beautifully! HUGS :)

BożenA said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining us at CWAA.
BożenA DT

Dorte said...

Such a lovely Christmas card, now I'm singing 'Driving Home For Christmas.....' Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge for the 'N for New' and 'O for Old' challenge!
Dorte x